Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gearing up for the next milestone

It has been more than a month after my first IVF journey ended.
Now, i'm totally back on my feet... life goes on as normal.....
both of us as usual busy with our busy life with tonnes of office works during our weekdays..
It has been quite sometime i has not updated anything in my blog.
I do sometime did a peek on my blog....read my journey....recapped what i've been through.. and seriously.. it was all felt like a dream.. :)
I also did  the routine of checking the statistics of visitors, reading and replying some of the comments from my dear visitors. It was my personal satisfaction and it really does makes me happy to see my blog stats keep on increasing each and everyday..
knowing that i actually have the virtual supports from all around the world ;)
After a very busy works at the office for the past few weeks, finally today, i have the time to update a bit of my journey.


Eversince the end of my first IVF journey, i did some preparation for our next move..the Frozen Embryo Transfer (It seems that i did lots of preparation in my IVF treatment):


1. Getting rid of those extra kilos
     I read somewhere over the net that infertility can be caused by weight.. 
     be it overweight or  underweight.. well i'm can be categorized as a little bit of 
     overweight with a spare tyre tummy plus
     the orange peel (ahaa.. the cellulite of course) ;). If i did the calculation of my BMI.. 
     my reading is at the normal - overweight borderline..  phewwww
     So.. my first and ultimate mission for now would be getting rid of those unwanted fats 
     off my body !!
     By the time i going to do my FET, i hope i would loose 10 kilos.. haha.. 
     sounds impossible eh ;)
     Will elaborate more on my attempt for getting rid of those kilos in my next post. 


2. Folic Acid
    I guess.. this is a must for everyone who is on TTC mode ;P


3. Finish up my IT project
    Based on my IT project timeline.. by early next year, i need to complete my IT 
    development task.
    Since i plan to do my FET also early next year, so.. i tried to finish everything by end of 
    this year. Meaning.. need to work harder this month..fuhhss
    
4. Plan my leave
    Since i will be taking another long leave for the FET (perhaps 5 - 7 days leaves),
    i really need to plan ahead my leave. As of today, i managed to accumulate 24 days   
    of Annual Leave to next year.. yeayy..
    As for now, i try not to take any leave unless it is emergency.


3. Physical and Mental preparation
    Last but not least, i really need to get myself mentally & physically prepared for the 
    next FET.. especially after my first ivf failed. 
    Previously, after my ivf failed, me and hubby planned to have the FET sometime in 
    Feb 2011.. Then, we changed our mind to have it a bit earlier.. maybe in Jan 2011 
    (maybe so excited.. cannot wait any longer eh)
    But now, when i re-think about it... over and over.. Jan or even Feb 2011 seems to be 
    too early.
    Frankly, i don't think i'm well prepared for it..especially the physical side of me. 
    I have not successfully get rid even a kilo of my weight.. sigh.. really need to work harder
    this time..  yess... never give up hope
Me...jams
  


5 comments:

  1. Hi Jams,

    Thanks for sharing your experience in this blog. I'm definitely learning from your postings. Check out the following link in case you want to try acupuncture to increase your chances for the FET. Best of luck!

    http://www.fertilityfactor.com/infertility_acupuncture.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kikko..
    Thanks a lot for the website on the acupuncture. I was also looking into this option as part of my preparation for my FET.
    I read somewhere in the forums that it is also good to increase the chance in fertility treatment.
    I heard over the news that one of Malaysia celebrity, Siti Nurhaliza also did this acupuncture treatment.
    Anybody can recommend me a good place to do this Acupuncture in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jams...

    I pun nak kena get rid of those extra kilos. I'm on diet now to get my BMI in the healthy area (dah terlebih BMI ni...eheheh). Nothing drastic, I just kurangkan nasi and do a simple 30 minutes yoga every evening.Been doing this for a month, so far feel better and lighter,but don't know if shed any weight off (tak timbang...takut! hehehe).

    Good luck on your weight loss mission! Chaiyok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jams dearie,

    utk diet, kurangkan mkn nasi & eat more ikan...esp ikan bakar, rebus/singgang or steam. jauhkan ayam & santan.. @ search menu utk org bpantang. saya ilang a few kilos after ectopic pregnancy operation.. (tpaksa bpantang).. sedih sgt mmandangkan xder baby lg nih...

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear fren,
    thanks for the advise.. tu la.. nak kene betul2 jage makan ni.. actually i makan nasi sikit je.. kadang makan sekali dlm 3 days.. jarang makan bersantan.. mostly makan yg bersup.. still not able to loose the weight,.
    maybe kene kurangkan lagi quantity of food kot.
    ingat next week nak start my tight diet.

    by the way,. sorry to hear about your lost. It's ok to be sad.. insyaallah.. the time will come.. someday.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)