Monday, December 20, 2010

Getting rid those extra kilos - Choosing the right Gym

I did some survey of where will i would start my battle of getting rid of my extra kilos..
After i made a survey over the net, i did a short list of all the gyms or fitness center which meet my basic requirements:
1. Offer a good fee.. i mean.. cheap one of course
2. Near to my house so that it would be easier for me to go 3 times a week.
3. Have treadmills, elliptical and bycle

So here are my shortlisted fitness center:


1. Putrajaya Precint 9 Community Center
Made my visit the the gym on Wednesday, after office hours. The charge for the gym is pretty cheap ~ RM2 for 3 hours during weekdays. At one look, the gym room looks big,
but when i look carefully.. it was pretty small. The full-mirrorred wall was actually make the room looked big !! Hehe..  what an optical illusion.
Due to the room size, there were not so many gym equipments. I think there were 2 treadmills (at that time both treadmills were used by 2 guys.. and there is another guy standing beside the treadmill.. maybe waiting for his turn to use the treadmill.. ermm..). Not sure whether there is elliptical. There might be 1 or 2 bycles. The rest were the cardio type of equipment, which is not in my list.. aha..not interested to build muscle here.
There are also other facilities at this community center; swimming pool, badminton court,
table tennis etc.. all are charged hourly.    

Plus :     There is a few LCD TVs hanged in the gym room, for entertainment during
                exercise.. quite interesting eh.
Minus :  During weekdays, there were quite lots of people at the gym. Since there aren't so
                many  equipment as compared to the people in the gym, I think i will spend more
                time waiting for my turn to use the equiment rather than using it.

My conclusion: So i guess.. this first option is out of my list ;P


2. Cyberjaya Community Center (Kelab Komuniti Taman Tasik Cyberjaya)

After my visit the Putrajaya Precint 9 Community Center, me and hubby headed to our next list, the gym at the Cyberjaya Community Center.
The gym is charged at RM5 per entry (no limit of hour) on Mon to Sat, and on Sunday the charge is  doubled ie RM 10. The room is quite big (i think doubled the size of gym at Putrajaya). Also have mirrorred wall on one of the wall.. which also makes the trick that the room looks bigger than its actual size. There are 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and 4 bycles..there rest is the cardio sets. Ermm.. that seems to meet my basic requirement. And there are not so many people at the gyms.. so no need to queue. Here is the picture of the gym at their website
http://www.kkttc.com.my/web/live/photos/gymnasium.html.
Like at Putrajaya, there are also other facillities here like the badminton court, squash, futsal etc.

Plus :    Room is big. Not so many people. Have the equipments that i'm looking for.
Minus :  There is no TV (well .. i can just bring my mp3 player for the entertainment..so
                no big deal ;) )

My conclusion: Since it meet my requirements.. i will give it a try tomorrow. Will see how it goes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, I went to the gym at Cyberjaya for my first trial.. And to my dissappointment, the eliptical is not working well.. it makes a weird and irritating sound
when i start to use it. The intensity of the strides cannot be adjusted and i can feel there were some loose screw somewhere in the equiment.. the elliptical also looked cheap and aged..huhuhu.. The treadmill and bicyle seems to look new and working fine.
My first trial seems does not went well.. so.. my final options would be the fitness center at the Pan Pacific KLIA Hotel which is nearer to my office and house.

3. Pan Pacific KLIA Hotel
Back then in 2008, i used to join the one-month membership at this fitness center. The fee was quite cheap at that time considering that the membership includes the usage of gymnasium, sauna, steam, jacuzzi, swimming pool as well as tennis court. After a few years, my guess is that the fee would be more expensive. That night, after my first trial at Cyberjaya, I made a phone call to the fitness center at the Pan Pacific KLIA Hotel asking for the membership fee. The fee was :
     1 month = RM200 / person
     3 months = RM405 / person
     6 months = RM720 / person
     1 year = RM1260 / person (but 2 friends can also join and share the membership, so
                   it would be RM1260 divided by 3 person. meaning 1 person need to pay RM420
                   only!!! ).

The 1 year membership sounds interesting eh. The next day, i managed to persuade 2 of my friends to join me for the fitness center membership.. ;)
Mission achieved. I finally will be starting my quest for getting rid of those extra kilos.

Yesssza.. ;P... jams

4 comments:

  1. dear jams,

    you must be pretty excited about starting the exercise regime. good for you !

    do share with us when you be going for the FET. all the best !


    regards,
    angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. angel..
    thanks.. will surely share my FET once it started.. still haven't decided yet when to start ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jams..

    dah baca BHarian hari ni pasal ivf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi cikgu kecik..
    yup i did read the news @ BHarian..
    really pity the couple for such a very unfortunate things.. this is the first time i heard that a person who died after doing the IVF. I think she sufferred from a very bad Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
    Now, i feel a bit scared to do second IVF (if both my FET not succeed)..
    During my egg retrieval, i got 15 eggs.. lucky enough that i dont suffer from the OHSS.. ;(

    Here is the online news.. (it's in bahasa malaysia.. sorry for those who cannot understand it):
    http://www.nib.com.my./archives/text/view/57766349?pos=2&hide_header=1&resultset=nstpec:www/cross-search/search.php:_1293983583:resultset


    http://www.nib.com.my./archives/text/view/57773479?pos=1&hide_header=1&resultset=nstpec:www/cross-search/search.php:_1293983583:resultset

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)