Sunday, March 27, 2011

My FET : The 1st Appointment

21 March 2011
Our appointment was scheduled at 10.30am. This time, both of us took a whole day of leave. So, there was no rush to get to the clinic or rush back to the office.
When we reached and entered the clinic.. the clinic staffs greeted me..still remember my name even after a few months ;) . Oh ya.. they also know that it's me who wrote this blog.. hehee.. malu la plak.
Then i looked to the right side of the clinic.. whoow.. the clinic looked different.
The renovation that they did during my last visit was completed.
Now it is more spacious.. i guess twice the size as previous one.. more sitting of course.
And there's another washroom at the end of the clinic.


After waiting for 10 minutes or so, our name was called to see the doctor.
When entering the doctor's room.. as usual he greeted both of us. Chit chat a bit.
Then we get back to our main objective...the FET. Firstly, he did the transviginal scan of my uterus to
see whether i'll be ovulating or not. And.... Alhamdullillah, thanks to God that eveything looked
ok and on track. From the monitor, he explained that i have 2-3 small follicles on my right ovary.. and a big one on the left.. diameter was about 13-14 mm.. 
Since my cycle is normally 28 days.. he said that i'll ovulate in few days time.
Starting next day, every morning, i need to do ovulation test to determine my ovulation day. Once the tester indicates clear 2 lines, the FET will be done 4 days later. This time.. no injection, no medication. Sounds simple eh.
Oh ya.. i did asked my doctor about this one thing that has been bothering me.. "Err doctor, when doing the transfer, is it necessary to be in full bladder ?" (.. hehe). He answered.. "If you cannot really stand the full bladder, we can try half bladder. Full bladder needed to clearly visuallized the uterus and put the embryo in the best spot." Huhuhu.. still need to fill the bladder. "So, is there any medication i should take for the FET?"..me asked again.
"No.. just remember to take the folic acid.. you do take the folic acid, right ?" - doctor.
Oh.. I then suddenly remembered that for the past few months, due to busy worklife,  i sometime forgot to take my daily intake of folic acid.
The nurse then gave me 5 strips of Ovulation Tester (Clearblue) and a small container. She told me to do the urine test for the 1st urine once i get up from sleep n the morning starting tomorrow. If i get 2 clear lines, i need to call the clinic to set-up the date for the FET.  
Today we were charged RM260 which includes consultation, scanning and the Ovulation Tester. Ka-ching. ;) 








I use the iphone free apps - iPeriod to monitor my menstrual and ovulation. Quite a good apps. 



















The iPeriod calendar. 
The Pink days show that the previous menstrual days. 
The Lighter Green shows the ovulation days. 
The Darker Green one indicates the most fertile day. 
The circle in Pink shows the next menstrual days. 
I can also put any notes for each day. 






















The iPeriod summary. 
Based on my cycle history for the past 6 months, 
the iPeriod calculate my average cycle = 28 days. 






















The Ovulation Tester that was given to me. 
See the wrapper in Purple. 
My husband thought that it is an instant drink sachet.. hehe ;)
















Happy me ~ jams





7 comments:

  1. Hi there,dun mind to let me know what is
    FEt? I also will seek second opinion frm diff gynea...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ambia.. FET stands for Frozen Embryo Transfer.
    After i did my fresh IVF, i managed to get 4 extra embryo. All these embryo were frozen. I can repeat the process of transferring the embryo into my uterus using these frozen embryo.
    Can read more about it at this site
    http://www.ivf1.com/frozen-embryo-transfer/
    Are you looking forward to do IVF too?
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jams,

    hurm.. im a bit confused here. I know that every Dr has his/her own way.. But y arent my Dr uses the ovulation kit? Have your Dr gave you some sort of medication to prepare your uterus for the FET?

    well, now i feel soo puzzled.. My Dr's concern is only for the thickness of my endometrium, not WHEN will I ovulate.. Can u pls clear my mind about this? Did your Dr ever mentioned about your endometrium?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi greener,
    Mine is natural cycle FET. (Can read here for further info: http://www.advancedfertility.com/fet-cycle.htm) Firstly , my doc did a scan of my uterus. He told that the follicles grow as per expected and the uterus lining / thickness of my endometrium also looks ok.
    Then he said since everything looks ok, i can start monitoring my ovulation. I think he did not gave me any medication because scan results are all ok.
    Maybe you can give a call to the doctor/nurse for further explanation.
    Mind share with us where you did your IVF?
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sis, okay I got it..thanks...yes, my fist gynea suggest to do IVF..but people around me suggest to seek another adv from diff doc..maybe there is other way before we conclude to proceed wiz IVF..

    I've bee diagnosed wiz pcos..therefore,my period is nit regular at all..have to depend on drugs which gain my weight tremendously ..therefore, I need to look for more options...

    God wills...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ambia.. it's good to get advice/2nd opinion from other gynea. IVF is pretty expensive treatment. You need to ensure that you choose the right treatment for your condition.

    Same here.. i think i gain weight due to the fertility treatment drugs. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)