Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My FET : Monitoring the Ovulation

22 March 2011 - Tuesday (Day 13)
My 1st Day for Ovulation Test ;)
Once i got up from bed at 6.30am, i collected my urine in small container that was provided by the nurse. Then, i dip the Clearblue Ovulation Tester in the urine for 1 minute or so. 
Then i waited for the result... After a few minutes of waiting.. only 1 line is visible. There is a very blurry 2nd line. As per my expectation :)


23 March 2011 - Wednesday (Day 14) 
Just to ensure that i correctly did the Ovulation Test , i googled the Clearblue website and found this demo for using the tester. Very helpful. 
http://www.clearblue.com/ca/clearblue-ovulation-test.php
So.. for the 2nd day of my test, i did exactly as per the demo. Result is 2 lines is visible. But the 2nd line is still not as dark as the 1st line (ie the reference line). 
I called the clinic to inform my result. The nurse asked me to repeat again the test next morning. 
Oh ya.. i snapped a photo of the test result so that i can compare the result when i do another test next day. It's actually good to snap the test result because the 2nd line would be gone after a few hours. 
The Reference Line on the right. The 2nd line was a bit blur

24 March 2011 - Thursday (Day 15)
Day 3 of my test. Yeay.. the result is.. i got a very clear and darker 2nd line. Snap photo of it. 
Later that day i called the clinic to tell them my result. And again.. the nurse asked me to repeat another test tomorrow morning. 
(To see those 2 lines really makes me happy.. just imagine if i got 2 lines for a pregnancy test .. i must be million times happier than this ;)) ) 
The Reference Line on the top. The clear and darker 2nd line ;)


25 March 2011 - Friday (Day 16)
Day 4 of ovulation test. The result is.. 2 lines visible but the 2nd line is not so clear as the reference line. 
Told the nurse the result. The nurse then finally set my FET Day - 28 March 2011 (Monday), 2pm.. which is on my 19th day of my cycle. Yessza.. :D
Out of my curiosity of how the FET day is determined, i did some searching over the net. Found quite a number of info. My conclusion as follow: 
- If the ovulation tester shows 2 clear lines meaning that there is LH surge (Luteinizing Hormone)
- Once you detected the LH surge, the ovulation will occur 24 - 48 hours later 
- FET will be done 3 days after ovulation (for a Day 3 embryos)
- Since i detected my LH surge on Day 15, ovulation will be on Day 16, 3 days after meaning Day 19. 
  So.. my FET will be on Monday :). Hope i understand it correctly.
The 2nd line on the botton is blur again.




~ Lalalala.... Happy me, jams ~

15 comments:

  1. Hi Jams,

    I am praying for your success, Insya Allah. I am now on my second clomid cycle. Will be trying for 6 cycles before proceeding to IVF. How long did you TTC before deciding on IVF? Also, did you have any side effects from the medications?

    ~kikko

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you. I have been following updates on your blog and myself have been on 3rd cycle of Clomid. Been TTC-ing for 2 years now and yet no success. Hopefully u gonna hit the jackpot this round.. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kikko, greener, twinkles & frens
    thank u sooo much for all your best wishes.. ;).
    Anyway.. i'm trying to write my latest update on my fet. Do visit again my blog for the update ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kikko..
    i started my treatment end of 2007. Did 1 IUI early 2009.
    Decided to do IVF mid 2010. First IVF in Oct 2010.
    And now FET. In all.. we have been TTC for ..ermm.. 3 years plus.
    Can read more about my TTC journey in my post
    http://myivfdiaries.blogspot.com/2010/10/this-is-our-story.html.
    The only side effect that i think of due to the whole fertility treatment is i gain more weight.. and it's really hard to loose these extra weight. hehe.
    Anyway.. during the IVF treatment.. there were quite lots of side effects that i get.. can read more in my older post ;).
    Before u proceed with IVF, are you considering for IUI?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam Ja,

    Hope you're in very good health! Heard from Safa that you have started the 2nd round of IVf. Best of luck n I pray for smooth sailing for this time around, InshaAllah. Look forward to more good news from you.

    Najj

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray for you dear! All the best! Insya-Allah...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jams... hope the FET went well for you. I stumbled across ur blog when I was googling for more info about Dr. Prashant and IVf. Am thinking of doing IVf with Dr. Prashant too as my hb and I have been trying for 4 yrs now with no success.

    Looking forward to reading more about ur FET soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jams,

    Gud Luck for your FET. I'm also doing ICSI for the 1st attempt. Trying hardly for my 2nd child for my 10 yrs of blissful marriage. my eldest boy is already 9 yrs old and keep asking me for a companion sibling.

    Supposedly, my ET was scheduled yesterday (31/03/2011) but my OHSS mild/moderate cndtn had cruelly prohibited me to go through it after a smooth retrieval of 22 eggs with 11 of them being succesfully fertilised on wednesday (30/3/2011).

    However, i do believe that God knows best and must be hikmahs behind all these tests that i'm going thru this cycle.

    My FET will be done for next 1 or 2 menstrual cycle as they monitoring my condtn from time to time. I'm grateful enough not to be warded in the hospital as this will make me more sad and bore to this kind of situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Najj.. thanks. It seems the sailing is not so-smooth this time.. insyallah, hopefully i'll have a smoother one next time ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet tooth.. thanks for your prayer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anonymous,
    Thanks.. and all the best for your IVF ya ;).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Piah..
    Wowww.. 22 eggs.. cannot imagine the pain you have to endure due to th OHSS... Even though i did not get the OHSS, but i got very painful cramp after the 15 eggs retrieval. During the transfer, i still have slight cramp. The transfer was pretty uncomfortable due to this cramp.
    So.. don't be sad that you need to postpone the transfer. If you do the transfer while having the cramps.. it would be very2 uncomfortable and stressful.
    I pray that you will recover from your OHSS and able to do your FET next cycle.
    Hey.. maybe both of us will be doing our FET more of less the same weeks ;).
    Do update me ya.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the info. I've read that IUI gives only a slightly higher chance? But, I think we'll try anyway, IUI + clomid for cycles 4-6. I know some doctors don't like to do back-to-back IUI cycles. I pray that I won't have to go that far, but it's better to be prepared? :P

    ~kikko

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kikko,
    Usually doctor will advise to do few cycles of IUI before proceed to IVF. IUI is much more cheaper and easier procedure. If age is not a factor, you should go for IUI first.
    I'm not so sure the chances in doing IUI as compared to IVF. But i guess.. if you are lucky, who knows, you can get pregnant with just doing the IUI. I read from lots of forum that lots of women got pregnant after they did IUI.
    Just pray and follow whatever you heart says...ok ;)

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)