Sunday, April 3, 2011

My FET : Postponement.. ;(

25 March 2011 - Friday
Both of us went out to watch midnight movie at GSC ~ World Invasion - Battle Los Angeles. Movie was quite okay. Lots of actions from the beginning until the end.
When we got home, i noticed that i got a few small and itchy spots on my back.
I quickly rub the spots with Agnesia anticeptic powder. Hopefully the spots will be gone by tomorrow.
At around 2am, while sleeping, i suddenly felt sharp pain when breathing, just like there was some gas stuck inside my lung. I woke up and tried to put some balsam on my chest but the the pain was still there. I also noticed that the itchy spots has spread to my hip. Ermm... oh no.. I might have gotten some allergy reaction... huhuhu. I used to get an allergy reaction before this and my doctor said that the allergy may cause lung or internal organ to swell..
I was so worry that time, thinking that my allergy would have linked to my chest pain ;(.
I woke up my husband and asked him to massage my back. But nothing happen. Then I drink hot Milo, hoping that the gas would go away. But again, the attempt did not work huhuhu. After few hours, managed to continue my sleep, but i slept in a sitting position .. ;(. It was pretty tiring to sleep in this position.


26 March 2011 - Saturday
When i got up from bed, i felt something wrong with my back. It felt very itchy. When i looked in the mirror,
i was like.... "Ohh no.. !!!". Panicked. The itchy spots now become even bigger and spread all over my body. Quickly alerted my husband that i need to immediately go to the clinic.
When to the clinic nearby my house. Was given a steroid jab on my buttock and few medications. Since i'll be doing the FET in few days time, i requested the doctor to give a medications that is save for pregnancy.. just in case. I told the doctor, i usually have allergy reaction due to insect sting or some antibiotics. But the doctor kept telling me that my allergy must be due to seafood. And so happen that the night before i ate seafood pasta, so not so sure what might cause my allergy. But if i'm allergic to seafood, i must have gotten this kinda allergy many many times because i ate seafood quite frequently. Well.. whatever it was, for the time being, i just avoid any seafood.
After a few hours, all the allergy was gone.. yeah.. ;). I'm back to normal.


That night, we have this family gathering at Chan Abdullah Restaurant at Kelana Jaya, a Halal chinese muslim restaurant. Since i just got cured from my allergy, i avoid to eat any seafood. Ordered myself Nasi Goreng Cina only (My sister ordered the Buttered Prawn..huhuhu.. it was so tempting).


27 March 2011 - Sunday
"Oh noo.. not again". When i woke up, my allergy came back. This time it was even worse. My back, stomach, neck, face, ear, head, leg.... all of my every part of body have big and small red itchy spots. It was as if i was bitten by thousands of red ant !!!.
Now i really really panicked. My FET is scheduled tomorrow.
How am i suppose to proceed with my FET if all my body got this allergy.
I send a message to Dr.P's nurse asking what kind of medicine that can be taken during FET. She replied - Zyrtec or Piriton should be ok.
Then both of us the rush to the clinic again. Another steroid jab. The doctor reminded me not to eat any seafood. The best way is to eat home-cooked meal. He suggested me to eat vegetables only. Me..ermm.. okay ;(.
After a few hours, the allergy was still there. No sign of curing.. it seems that the jab did not work this time.. sigh. I told my husband, if my allergy is not gone by this late afternoon, i think we should postpone the FET.
I'm afraid that if we proceed with the FET while me having very bad allergy, it might reduce the chance of successful FET. I only have 4 frozen embryos. I don't want to jeopardize any of my embryos.
My husband agreed. I then message Dr.P's nurse asking whether it is possible for us to postpone it. I read from somewhere in the net that the frozen embryo will be thawed 1 day before the FET procedure.
At that moment of time, i only have less than 24 hours before the procedure.
I'm afraid that the embryologist has started to thaw the embryos.
After a while, i received a call from the nurse. I was so relief that she told me they has not started the thawing process and Yes, i can postpone my FET. The thawing process is usually done the morning few hours before the FET procedure. Phew... i then told the nurse that if that is the case, i will monitor my allergy and if my allergy gone by tomorrow morning, i will proceed with the FET. Else.. i will need to postpone it ;(


One of meal cooked by Chef Hubby during
my "Allergy Day"
~ BBQ Tenggiri, Grilled Sosej &
Vege Pasta Salad ~ 

28 March 2011 - Monday.
Unable to have good sleep last night, whole body was itching.. and mind keep thinking on the FET. Woke up at 6.30 am. When to the toilet.. huhuhu... my whole body was still swelling ..the itchy spots was also all over my face and head... big sigh.. ;(
Later, i sent message to the nurse, told her to postpone the FET... big sigh again.. ;(


I hope that both of us has made the right and best decision to postpone our FET. It was really frustrating.. thinking that all preparation was done.. my uterus seems to be in good condition this cycle.. and i was mentally prepared for this FET. 
To all my dear frens, million of thanks for all those best wishes ;). Really sorry that i wont be able to update this not-so-good news earlier. 
Insyaallah, i will do my FET in the next cycle this end of April. Pray hard that everything will be okay this time. 


Note: My allergy finally gone on Tuesday...Alhamdullillah. 






Not my day ~ Jams ~

10 comments:

  1. Don't think too much of the FET for now.. At least your allergy was gone... Gambate for the next cycle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it up Jam....take care

    ~~Little Little

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure ada hikmah tu Jams... Insya-Allah next cycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear your allergy is gone! Take care :)
    ~kikko

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Jam,
    Gd luk with your next fet cycle.....keep strong, one of my friend is successfully pregnant with her fet. She too had good quality eggs.

    I'm following your blog, i did ivf before and not successful, managed to get only 2 embryos. my gyne has suggested i see Dr Prashant, I'm gonna see him soon to discuss about another cycle with him.

    I hope i could get some guidance from you, I really like the minute details you've written in your blog.

    Gd luk and tc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jam,
    Just came across your blog recently.. thank you so much for this very informative blog...
    I am considering IVF this year after 3 years of marriage and hydrosalpinx (distally blocked fallopian tube filled with serous or clear fluid).. & only have my left ovary.. my right ovary was removed due to big cycst 5 years ago
    You are such a positive person and makes me feel relief after reading your blog..
    Need to do IVF this year as age is catching up (I'm 36 this year...) and we really wants a child of our own... at least one..
    Pls keep on blogging... & thank you again
    ~Lina*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear frens,

    I always keep telling myself that there is always hikmah in whatever that happen in our life. In fact, i can see some of the hikmah behind this postponment:

    1. Remember in my last posting that i wrote that
    i sometime forgot to take folic acid daily before this?
    So, now i have the chance to fix this by
    ensuring that i take folic acid and the pregnancy multivits
    daily as part of my preparation for the next FET

    2. Able to finally finished all my outstanding office work for my IT project. Last time when i planned for my long leave, there were quite a number of important work not yet completed.
    Now, i can take long leave without having to worry about my work.. meaning stress-free leave

    3. I'm lucky that i got the allergy before i do the FET. If i got it after i do the FET, it must be even worse..i might be having difficulty to get rid of the allergy due to low dose of medication. Realised that i can easily
    get allergy reaction, i should be more cautious
    next time when i do my FET.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angel,
    Hearing the good news that your friend have a successful FET really motivates me to do my FET & very happy for her.
    And you too, don't give hope as yet ya.
    All the best for your next IVF :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lina.. welcome ;)
    Don't be sad if you only have 1 ovary.
    With IVF, the hope is still there.
    In fact, one of my auntie, managed to get 3 kids after one of her ovary removed due to cyst and she was almost 40 yrs old at that time ;)
    Miracle do happen sometime. Hopefully you, i and many others will find our own miracle perhaps someday.

    Same here, the age factor really chasing us day by day ;), Wish i can stop the ticking..hehe

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)