Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Allergy... digging for the answer

Until now, I was still puzzled with what actually caused my allergy.
Worry that the allergy would come again which will definitely blow up my chance to do the FET, i really need to dig for the answer of this allergy. 


Plan A
Staring with Plan A.
I called the Pathlab, a Healthcare Center to ask whether they have blood screening for allergy. The Pathlab staff told me they have various allergy blood test package 
based on the group of allergen pricing from RM50 onwards. (An allergen is the normally harmless substance that causes the allergic reaction). However, to my disappointment, i was told that the machine for allergy blood test is under repairing at the moment 
and they are not sure when the machine will be ok.. sigh. 
Plan A --> Fail !


Plan B
Moving to Plan B.
I then make a call to the BP Health Care.. another company that offer blood screening. 
The lady who answered my call explained in details about the allergy blood test
that offered by the company. 
The test which cost about RM430 will cover quite a number of allergens 
such as seafood, penicillin, dust mites, few insects and etc. 
There is another blood test which is more expensive.. if not mistaken over RM1000 
which includes more allergens like tomato, some vege, nuts etc (Ohh this is the first 
time i heard that tomato can cause allergy....ermm ). But it will take sometime for the test result to come out because the blood will be sent to US to be tested.. (woooo.. so far eh). 
After a deep thougt, i told the lady that i'm interested with the RM430 test 
(Pretty expensive eh.. but if that is the only way for me to find the answer for my 
allergy..  i think the RM430 should be worth it.. ) 
She then explained that the test would be more accurate if it is done when i'm having the allergy reaction..I was like.. alaa.. my allergy already gone. 
I asked the lady..what if i just do the test eventhough the allergy has gone. 
She replied.. the result will not be so accurate. Ermm.. if that is the case, it seems no point for me to proceed with the test. 
Plan B --> Fail !! 
(Me : Sighhh )


Plan C 
The only option left now is that i need to do my own test to determine the cause of my allergy. The test goes like this.. 
A week after the allergy has gone, i started to eat vege, chicken and certain type of fish 
like the Tenggiri fish, Salmon. My sister's mum-in-law told me small and cheap fish 
like Kembung, Bilis, Tongkol can cause allergy. So, during this whole 1 week, i avoided these type of fish. Result so far -> No allergy reaction. Yeayy..


Week 2 after the allergy has gone, i started to go the next level. Seafooddd. So, when i went back to Kuching Sarawak, my hubby's hometown, we went to the famous seafood food court in town, the Topspot. I ordered the Buttered Prawn, Fried Squid, Sea Cucumber (Gamat) Soup, Jelly Fish Umai and Lemon Chicken.  Yummy yummy.. ;P


After a few hours of the yummylicious dinner.. wallaaa.. there is no single 
sign of allergic reaction. Phewwww.. i was so relief. 
I knew it. I'm not allergic to any seafood as per what the doctor said. 
I'm very positive that i'm allergic to insect bite like Kelkatu (Not sure 
This is the guy i'm talking about..
the Kelkatu.
 
the name in English.. it is the insect that usually come out at night especially after rain and attracted to light).. dust mite.. Kerengga (Weaver Ant).. 
I wonder, if i'm really allergic to insect bite... a dust mite can cause such a very terrible allergic reaction.. ermm.. i cannot imagine what will happen if it is a 
bee sting ....it must be even worse....i presume. 
I used to watch a movie where a boy died after he was stung by a bee..huhu.. nauzubillah.. 
So.. from now on.. i need to stay away from any insect.. hahaa.. not an easy things to do eh.. :)






Plan C --> 80 % success, 20 % fail  
(It is proven that i'm not allergic to seafood or any 
The other guy..the Kerengga
kinda food, i assume i'm allergic to insect bite, i still dont get the definite answer what actually caused my allergic reaction) 








The puzzled me ~ Jams~

7 comments:

  1. Jams,
    Tanak test insect bite pulak ker? huhhuhu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet.. haha.. good idea.. tapi seriously tak berani nak test insect bite. Kalau takat nyamuk bite or semut kecik berani la..

    Anyway.. today baru perasan u ade blog.
    Pretty interesting to read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jams, somehow after reading ur blog it seems situations happening to us on our journey for baby seems very similar. in early april i was preparing for FET, but it did not happen coz it lysed. was very sad now seeing Dr Prashant. We too started ivf first attempt in late Oct 2010 -failed, second in dec -failed, now taking a break and following instructions of Dr Prashant.

    he recommended same set of vitamins to my hubby E & C but not Q10 do u know y he asked ur hubby to take them?

    So when r u planning on ur next fet? Gd luk n tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best.. Hopefully your next FET will be running smoothly. I am starting my IVF session soon.. Hopefully everything went well for all of us.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angel dear,
    yes..it's true, our story more or less about the same.. up & down, happy & dissappointment.. hopefully u dont give up as yet ;)

    Not so sure why Dr.P asked my husband to take Q10. Might it depends on the reading from the semen test. Maybe you can ask Dr.P about this.

    Hopefully i can do my FET end of this month. Now waiting for my Miss P to come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twinkles.. my previous attempt for FET seems not so smooth.. this round i hope it will go smoothly ;).
    All the best for your IVF. Do update us on your IVF ya ;)

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)