Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My FET : No luck again this time

22 April 2011 - Friday (Day 15)
Once i got up from bed in the morning, i did the Ovulation Test as per doctor's instruction.
After a few minutes, a blur line came out. So, it's a negative ;(


23 April 2011 - Saturday (Day 16)
Again, first thing in the morning, i did the test. (Oh ya, i set a reminder every morning to ensure that i don't forget to do the test ;).. the older i become, the more difficult to remember so many thing eh).
This time, i anxiously waited for the result..why?? last cycle, on Day 16, i got the clear 2 lines. So, i'm expecting i would get the same result. 1 minute...2 minute... 3 minute.... the line still blur.. Ohh..
I waited for 15 minutes.. it seems hopeless.. ;(.
I guess i'm not be getting the clear line this time.
Meaning, i need to go to the clinic to do another scanning.


10.45 am, we reached the clinic. The doctor did the scan. He was quite surprised to see that
the follicles size were about the same as previous scan. He asked me again what is my normal cycle. I answered.. most of the time.. 28 days.. at most it can be 30 days. Erm.. if looking at this, he told me that my cycle this time may be longer. I asked him whether this can be due to medication that i took for my allergy or my cough ( Oh ya.. i had cough at that time. pretty bad once). He said, it has nothing to do with the medication.
He then asked me to do a blood test for checking the Progesterone level. This test basically to check whether i have ovulated or not. If yes, then i need to abandon this cycle and try again next cycle. If no, then i may need to continue do the ovulation test.
Since the result of the blood test will be out after few hours, we then headed to The Gardens for a window shopping. The nurse will give me a call on the result later.


At about 1 pm, i got a call from the clinic. The result was negative.. meaning i have not ovulated.Yeay. So the nurse told me to continue the Ovulation test until i get the 2 clear lines. Since i have just 1 ovulation tester left, i bought another box of Clearblue Ovulation Tester that have 5 tester inside. Got it for RM99 plus 1 pregnancy tester.. erm.. pretty good deal ;)


23 April 2011 - Sunday (Day 17)
Ovulation test result -> Blur = Negative. 


23 April 2011 - Monday (Day 18)
Ovulation test result -> Blur = Negative again. 


23 April 2011 - Tuesday (Day 16)
Ovulation test result -> Very very Blur..almost not visible.. huhuhu. 
It seems there is no hope to see the 2 lines this round ;(
Was a bit disappointed.. sigh. 
After a deep thought and looking at several factors; the development of my follicles and uterus lining didn't seems to develop very well, the ovulation test not showing the positive result and the chronic cough (the doctor said, if the cough is more than 2 weeks, it's categorized as chronic cough. I was having the cough for 3 weeks at that time), me and hubby decided to cancel the FET for this cycle and try again our luck next cycle.. huhuhu.. 
So i called the clinic. Informing them the result of my ovulation test and our decision to cancel FET again. 
The nurse said that she will inform the doctor and said that whenever we are ready, we just make a call to the clinic.. 






~ Sigh.. not luck again, jams ~

12 comments:

  1. It's ok jams... not the right time lagi kot... keep trying k :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Datin and Sweet..
    Insyaallah..Selagi hayat dikandung badan.. i'll never give up ;).

    Now trying for 3rd time. Hopefully i can make it this cycle.. have appointment tomorrow. wish me luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Errm.. wondering how's Greener Pasture doing..

    Greener pasture dear.. any news on the FET? Hopefully u have wonderful 2ww and happy news ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. di mane u wat ivf ye....im about to do my 3rd ivf also....just nak kene prepare mental n fizikal...x sanggup nk face another failure....huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buat my IVF at KLFertility. You can read my previous posts utk rentetan (chronology) of my treatment.
    U are on 3rd IVF already.. wooww.. i baru 1 kali IVF and atempting for FET now..
    Ye la.. kadang2 rase boleh face the failure.. but when it actually happen.. deep down i felt pretty upset jugak.. after few days baru rase ok balik.. i guess everybody would felt the same things too ..kan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jams..

    how are u?? so this cycle ok for FET???
    i have just gone through a failed ICSI...like what u say, when we really need to face the failure, its pretty upset.... and i only have 2 more frozen... dont know when i will have the courage to do the FET...

    wish you all the best for your FET.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jams,

    How did ur FET go? I'm planning to do IVf with Dr Prashant sometime in July.

    I noticed that quite a number of ppl have failed to get pregnant/ miscarried after doing IVf (ICSI). Did u ever find out y your IVf did not work ah?

    I don't know if I'm able financially and emotionally to do more than 1 IVf. So now I'm worried that so many ppl seem to not be successful on their 1st IVf try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi jams...hehehe.. im here!!!

    well, sadly to inform u, i didnt make it! not my rezeki i guess.. it was a bit frustrating, but, life indeed has to go on..

    i wont give up..:)

    i pray that allah will lead ur journey smoothly this time around.. :)

    keep me posted okeh?

    my email/fb: reenr83@yahoo.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greener.. alaaa.. i was hoping to hear good news from you.
    Tak pe.. tak pe.. try again ek next time. :) Insyallah ada la rezeki tu.
    Erm.. i guess you borned 1983 (from your email address).. Muda lagi tu.. more time to try ;).
    I'm already reaching mid 30's..huhuhu.. anyway.. nanti i add you kat Fb ek

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anonymous,
    Sorry to hear about the not-so-good news.
    I think you should take a break for a moment before proceed with the FET. Maybe go for 2nd honeymoon.. ;). One day, i believe you'll find the courage to continue with your TTC journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anonymous,
    I did not managed do my FET again this time. Ye la.. i also noticed that there's more unsuccessful IVF story as compared to successful one in few forums. Maybe those successful ones don't get involved in any forums kot ;).

    Me too.. if everything turn out to be not ok.. not sure whether i'm able to financially and most importantly emotionally able to proceed with 2nd IVF.. (Actually i have started to save money just in case i need to do next ivf.. until now, the FET alone cost me alot already)

    Anyway.. good luck with your treatment with Dr.P. ;).

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)