Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My IVF: Enjoying the 2 Weeks Waiting...

8 - 18 October 2010
My 2 Weeks Waiting (2WW) now begins. I took 2 weeks of annual leave so that i can have a really good rest and of course enjoy my 2WW. Don't want to burden myself with tonnes of office work. I've planned loads and various of things to be done during this time so that i won't be bored. Here are some of the stuffs i did :
1. Watch tv
I guess this is a must for everybody, right. A month before i started my treatment, i've added the Astro Movie package (on top of my Variety, Sports, Education package) so that i would have more choice of channel to watch.
 2. Blogging
It seems that blogging really makes the time flies quickly ;). And one good thing about blogging is it helps me to polish my "rusted" English.. hehe


3. Surf the Net
Yeah, i did lots and lots of internet surfing.. read blogs, online newspapers, forums, look for info on IVF.... etc etc ... Luckily we have steamyx at home. So.. unlimited surfing..
Usually i surf the net using my laptop.. but sometime.. if i was lying on the bed, i would use my husband brand new iphone to surf the net (i bought the phone just few days before my Egg Retrieval day for his birthday this coming Dec... cannot wait until Dec else the hot selling iphone would be out of stock... again... ). It's quite handy to surf the net via iphone but i still need my laptop to update my story in my blog ;)
4. Ikea Catalog
Just before i started the treatment, Ikea distributed their new 2011 catalog. We managed to get a copy of it. I like to browse thru the Ikea catalog while resting on my bed.. especially on the kids / baby section.. dreaming of what to buy if i have a baby...hehe.. too soon to daydream eh ;P
5. Watch old Korea love series "Winter Sonata"
Back in 2001, i loved to watch this korean love story series, "Winter Sonata". At that time, i
bought the complete CDs of this series but never had a chance to re-watch it.
Since i have so much time to be spent,  so.. i asked my husband to dig into the boxes in our storeroom and look for the CDs.. yeayy.. we managed to find it.. Everyday i would spent like 2 hours to watch 2 CDs.. by end of my 2WW.. i managed to watched the whole story (20 CDs all together) .. hehe
6.Rest.. rest and rest ....
I did lot of resting...most of the time i just lie on my bed.. sit on my fav Ikea chair.. lazying on my sofas.. once in a while slowly walked to the toilet or kitchen to get something to eat or drink.. In short, I tried as much as i can to limit my physical movement.. i avoid to go up the staircase.. afraid that it might put pressure on my tummy muscle and affect my embryos inside (ahaa.. just my assumption).  
7. Chores
Since i need to rest, all the household chores were done by my hubby ;) lalalalala.. My house is decorated in such a way it requires less maintenance.... so my hubby just need to do simple2 things like do the dishes, wash clothes, vacuum, water the plants, bought food.... make my milo drinks when i feel hungry at midnite ;P
8. Eat.. eat and eat..
I'm not sure about other people, but i easily get hungry from the day i started the treatment. Might be due to the side effects of the medications... or maybe because of too much resting... whenever my stomach did the grumpy sound ..asking for food... i immediately eat some light snacks or at least drink hot milo or hot nestum 3-in-1..
If not.... my stomach will be full of gas.. and of course i will then suffer from the heartburn..
Since i need to take care of my 2 embryos inside, so.. i tried to eat healthy food during my 2ww; lots of vegetables, soup, steam style cooking, grill salmon, milk for mama-to-be (err the Enfamama vanilla flavor taste not so good to me.. ), yogurt drinks, juices, fruits.... bla bla bla.. and not forgotten, the multivitamin that contains folic acid..
As a result.. i gained 2 kilos by end of my 2ww.. hehe..  

Useful tip: For 2ww.. make sure you have some back-up snacks at home. Just in case you suddenly feel hungry and you husband is not around to buy you food.

Luv the 2ww... jams

4 comments:

  1. Hi jams...
    Your 2ww sounds fun! :)I luv korean drama too... since i pakai astro beyond, memang dok tengok channel 393 and 391. so what's the verdic? BFP? My prayers for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sweet tooth..
    yeah.. really2 enjoy the 2ww ;)...astro beyond.. bess tu.. i wish i can have it too
    the verdict.. ahaa.. dont forget to visit my blog for the result ya...
    will try to update this blog everyday...
    it seems there are so many things to write in this blog. glad that all of you enjoy reading my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.. seems like we have the same interest also. :P By the way, what brand of the multivitamin that contain Folic acid that you eat? Can introduce to me and where can I buy it. Emm.. I did not start drink any milk powder yet.. I am not sure should I start so early? I don't really like milk smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovebaby..
    i take the Blackmores - Pregnancy Formula multivitamin.. you may read my previous post "My IVF : First preparation ...vitamins" for the details..
    I think there's no harm if you start taking the milk powder now....for me,i like the smell of the milk.. but i don't like the taste of it....unlike the dutch lady low fat milk.. it taste good.

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)