Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My IVF : Preparation for Egg Retrieval Day

Here are some of the things i've done as part of my preparation for the Egg Retrieval day:
1. Cut short my hair
    My hair was quite long and very thick. Since the egg retrieval will be done in
   OT (Operation Theater), i'm sure i need to wear OT attire with the OT cap, so i'm not 
   sure whether they allow hair band to tie the hair.. so.. to make life easier.. i just cut my
   hair short.. And believe it or not, i did my DIY haircut in just less than 5 minutes.. hehe. 
   Very lazy to go the hair saloon.. 



2. Buy "special" pant for egg retrieval day
    I read somewhere in the internet that after egg retrieval, some people might experience
    mild cramp and some other might have a painful one.
    So i was thinking that i would need a very comfortable pant to be wear on the egg 
    retrieval day,  just in case my cramp would be a painful one.. If i wear jeans or something
    fit, it surely will cause the pain to be even worse..
    So i went to a few store in my quest to find that "special" pant. Well it's not easy to find  
    that pant.. maybe because i'm a bit chubby ;)
    However, I finally found my "special" pant at the FOS (Factory Outlet Store) that fit my
    criteria - loose and comfortable.. a pant that is made from a soft t-shirt material.. Yessza.
  
3. Ready all my things at the "special" room
    In my last post, i did mentioned that i've prepared the room at the ground level of my 
    house to be my 2WW room.. or should i call it the "special" room ;). 
    So before the egg retrieval.. i've prepared all my clothes, toiletries and other important 
    things at the "special" room. Just in case i wont be able to go to upper level of my house
    after the egg retrieval.. ;P
 Just me... jams

4 comments:

  1. hi...just wonder during the stage of injection right before egg collection, do you feel like your stomach is keep expanding like about to burst? I'm now feeling this way.So worry...:'(

    --LittleLittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LittleLittle
    Yes.. i felt the same thing & it's normal according to the doctor...it's because the injections that we take.. stimulate quite a number of follicles to grow so that there will be more chances to get more eggs during the retrieval.
    So.. don't worry if you tummy get bloated.. but if it makes your tummy feel painful.. you better check with your doctor..you might be experiencing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS).
    You can read some info on OHSS in the website below:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_hyperstimulation_syndrome

    Hope this will help ;)
    And.. all the best for your IVF journey... jams

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jams...thanks for sharing....:') Wish you all the best as well...Good Luck!

    ~~LittleLittle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Informative post. Thanks for sharing such a nice article. Liked the post. keep it up.

    Egg Bank

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)