Friday, October 15, 2010

My IVF : Should i tell my family, friends or my boss?

For me, Yes.. i should. 

1. My Family 
I did tell my family that we are going for IVF treatment so that they would understand that we have put a lot of effort to get pregnant. So they won't keep asking us when are we going to have baby and all that. 
Furthermore, they would also understand that we wont be able to go back to our hometown for this Hari Raya Haji celebration or any other occasions within during the first trimester (if my IVF result is positive ;) ). 

2. My Friends
Yes.. i did tell my friends about this whole thing but only to my teammate. At my office, i work as a team to do IT support and projects. It is very important to let them understand so that they can take over my duty during my long leave for the treatment. I also had this brilliant plan with my teammate that i'll take continuous MC and leave for more than 14 days so that they can get covering allowance for covering my works. Good deal eh.. hehe

3. My Boss
Finally my boss.. yes i also told my boss about this. Why?...well he's the one to approve my leave.. I planned to apply for 2 weeks of leave + 1 week of MC, and since i'm in the middle of multiple IT projects with so many crucial deadlines..what i did was i had a  small discussion with my boss explaining about the treatment, why i need to have long leave for the treatment, also told him that i'll make sure all my tasks/deadline will be settled before i go for my leave.. and i have delegated my tasks to my team.. and if anything should arise during my leave., my teammate can also call me or i can work remotely from home.
He's satisfied with my explanation.. and... done.. my long leave approved !! TQ Boss. 
 Yessza... jams

2 comments:

  1. Slm.. elok jgk la inform : )

    dan selamat maju jaya untuk awak & hubby ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing as it is an excellent post would love to read your future post -for more knowledge
    IVF Clinic Centre in Bangalore | Best IVF Centers in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)