Sunday, October 24, 2010

My IVF : While waiting for Embryo Transfer Day

5 October 2010
The strong pain was still there. However i was able to walk but a few steps only.
Since my husband was working. ..i was on my own that day. Whenever i need to go to the bathroom, i would use my "wheelchair" and push it myself using my feet.
Yesterday, i've started the Utrogestan... 2 tablets to be inserted into vagina. Before i did the insertion, i always ensure that i washed my hand with antibacteria soap, i lie on the bed, then insert the tablet one by one into my vagina using my middle finger as deep as i can (managed to do it half of my finger only)... I lie on the bed for an hour while enjoying tv... afraid if i immediately stand up / walk, the tablets would slip out my vagina.. hehe..actually, once the tablets are in,, it would not slip out.. i did a testing on this once ;) ). Also started to take the Duphaston. This one would be easy because i just need to take it orally and the tablet is very small.. In the afternoon, my husband would come back home and brought my lunch... luckily his office just 15km from home.


Useful tip: The white cream (look like cream cheese) from the Utrogestan sometime slip out of vagina. So always wear a pantyliner so that you will feel more comfortable  
The medications taken after the Egg Retrieval. We were also given
some instruction and reminder of what to to after the Egg Retrieval and
prior to the Embryo Transfer procedure.
The Utrogestan tablets 


6 October 2010
That night i have this terrible heartburn and my tummy was so bloated. Still having mild pain on my lower abdomen. My embryo transfer is scheduled tomorrow. So I was seriously worried, how am i suppose to stand the heartburn, pain and full bladder at the same time during the procedure..... huhuhu
So, I took Gaviscon to ease the heartburn...eat some snack.. drink hot milo.. put some balsem on my tummy.. then asked my husband to massage my back. I could not sleep the whole night.. kept thinking of my big day tomorrow.. and thinking whether the heartburn and pain will be gone or not by tomorrow....


Huhuhu... jams

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jams,
    It must be not easy for you. But dun give up. I find that the vaginal insertion tablet is not easy for me too. :( Everytimes thinking to put in, I feel to cry out as I feel a bit painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovebaby,
    yeah.. at first, i also find that it's not easy to insert the tablets. But later, i find a way to make the insertion easier - i open my legs as wide as i can, take a deep breath, i try to relax my lower abdomen muscle.. then i slowly insert the tablet ;P.

    ReplyDelete

Do share your comment and thought here... ;)